Sherry Turkle challenges us to keep things in perspective and make sure that technology is not changing our lives in ways which we will come to regret.
Have a conversation about where our infatuation with technology is taking us and, after having that conversation with another participant, collectively add a comment in the comment section.
Heather Blakey has had over fifteen years experience building online communities using web based technologies. She first began to blog in 1999 when she was a columnist for Cathy Atherton’s Prairie Den and went on to demonstrate the potential of blogging. She wrote articles such as Zen and the Art of Team Blogging and worked in schools across Victoria, Australia, promoting the use of blogs to engage students and enable them to meet and be heard by people with similar interests. Global 2 is phase two of Global Teacher/Global Student, a pioneering blogging environment built by Heather Blakey, for the Victorian Education Department, in 2006.
The Wild Garden Advent Calendar, created in 2007, explored the use of web based technology and amazingly, much of it is very current. The creative work of women who Heather Blakey has mentored and guided reveals just what can be birthed in this environment.
Perhaps you still don’t know what a blog is. Maybe you don’t know a tweet from a widget or how to link to others. It could be that you simply need the hand of a creative midwife to help you realize your creative potentiality. It so happens that Heather is offering private mentoring for those who want to use blogging for educational, artistic or business purposes. You can work with Heather and become familiar with all those tools people are using. You can learn about
- Basic blog construction using WordPress
- Creating digital portfolios
- Discover diverse, imaginative web applications to meet individual needs
- Monetizing Your Blog and promoting business
- News-gathering and Research Methodology
- Building niche communities and online groups
- Link-building Strategies
- Social Media Optimization
- And much more…
- Contact heatherblakey at fastmail dot fm for more information
The World of Soul Food
This wonderful, free resource, remains online and is a testimony to collaborative work: THE SOUL FOOD CAFE
Roads Well Travelled
The Wild Garden AdvenTURE Calendar takes people through twenty five steps towards understanding how the internet can be used as an interactive publishing tool. The Wild Garden introduced Soul Food community members to the potential of the web. This was made in 2005 and while there have been rapid developments in social networking in the interim, the Wild Garden provides important insight into the history of what became known as Web 2.
- Check out this beautiful old winery in Central Victoria that is up for sale kingower.wordpress.com 1 year ago
- Some creative stimuli creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/gra… 3 years ago
- Check out this idyllic property in Elphinstone elphinstonepeacespace.wordpress.com 3 years ago
- Be inspired by someone confessing to have Creative Compulsive Disorder creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/cre… 3 years ago
- The Carrier Theory of Fiction creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/con… 3 years ago
- The law of accretion http://t.co/LRx4N0ubuf 3 years ago
- For anyone who does not like to talk about death this might just be confronting creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/11/30/a-p… 3 years ago
- A simple line creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/a-s… 3 years ago
- Oblique strategies are cool creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/obl… 3 years ago
- Check out creativegoldfieldsbloggers.com/2013/11/24/div… 3 years ago
- 7,580 hits