One morning long before
Grown ups had raised a blind
I crept down to the shore
To see what I could find
The tide must never sleep
Because, during the dark
It rises up to sweep
The beach of every mark
There before me lay
Shells in an endless line
And all along the bay
No footprints showed but mine
Sometimes they vanished when
I walked into the sea,
And then appeared again,
As if I were the first to land
On an undiscovered shore,
Which my footprints on the sand
Captured without a war.
by Geoffrey Dutton
Leaving Digital Footprints and Having Digital Tatoos
The world has changed radically since this poem was written. As Jaun Enriquez points out in this video we need to be careful how we walk and stop to consider how we are identifying ourselves and leaving permanent traces behind.
Stop to contemplate your current footprints in cyber space. To really demonstrate the weight of your print try the following exercise.
Make a footprint take off your shoes and socks and put your foot on your journal page. Trace your foot and then carefully draw in the toenails. OR Use the template provided!
Meditate upon your footprint and consider some of the digital footprints that you have left behind, the things that people will find out about you if they ‘Google’ your name. Take a moment and Google yourself!
On each toe, write an impression that you have made, a footprint that you have left behind.
Choose one toe and circle it. On the sole of your foot write more information about this particular event and why it stands out.
Now consider the footprints you are knowingly prepared to leave behind.
The World of Soul Food
This wonderful, free resource, remains online and is a testimony to collaborative work: THE SOUL FOOD CAFE
Roads Well Travelled
The Wild Garden AdvenTURE Calendar takes people through twenty five steps towards understanding how the internet can be used as an interactive publishing tool. The Wild Garden introduced Soul Food community members to the potential of the web. This was made in 2005 and while there have been rapid developments in social networking in the interim, the Wild Garden provides important insight into the history of what became known as Web 2.
- Check out this beautiful old winery in Central Victoria that is up for sale kingower.wordpress.com 2 years ago
- Some creative stimuli creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/gra… 4 years ago
- Check out this idyllic property in Elphinstone elphinstonepeacespace.wordpress.com 4 years ago
- Be inspired by someone confessing to have Creative Compulsive Disorder creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/cre… 4 years ago
- The Carrier Theory of Fiction creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/con… 4 years ago
- The law of accretion http://t.co/LRx4N0ubuf 4 years ago
- For anyone who does not like to talk about death this might just be confronting creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/11/30/a-p… 4 years ago
- A simple line creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/a-s… 4 years ago
- Oblique strategies are cool creativeforaging.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/obl… 4 years ago
- Check out creativegoldfieldsbloggers.com/2013/11/24/div… 4 years ago
- 7,612 hits